Longchamp are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their cult bag, the Le Pliage, this year with the ultimate luxury indulgence – personalisation – and we in Australia will join a handful of countries around the world to offer serious Longchamp devotees the chance to have their very own Le Pliage in a choice of many colourways, combinations and personalisation with their initials embossed or perforated in the beautiful leather bag.
How does it work?
- Head into the Longchamp boutique in QVB Sydney from May 7, 2014
- Choose the format of your bag (small, medium or large).
- Choose the main colour (eight colours available).
- Choose the colour of the flap/handle, the tabs and the shoulder strap (all three can be different from the colour of bag).
- Choose the lining (5 colours available).
- Finish, if you wish, by adding your initials in perforations or embossed.
- Wait patiently as the bag is made in Paris and shipped back to you within 6 weeks.
Since the Le Pliage’s creation in 1993, it has become Longchamp’s best selling bag around the world with 30 million sold since it launched. The Le Pliage was inspired by the Japanese art of origami and named after the French verb “to fold”. Made of light, strong nylon canvas trimmed with ‘Russian’ leather’, the bag has since evolved to be offered in beautiful supple leather in 2012 and still retains the ability to be folded in the same way as it’s nylon counterpart.
During the evolution of the Le Pliage bag, it has seen collaborations with leading artists and designers to create special limited collections such as Tracey Emin, Jeremy Scott and Mary Katrantzou while special collections saw the bag being made in materials such as Python, Exotic and Plumes.
With the beautiful Alexa Chung fronting the current Longchamp advertising campaign, we can’t lust after the Le Pliage Cuir more.