With 2,700 guests predicted to attend Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia this year, the rumour mill is running strong as to which international media delegates and bloggers will be gracing our shores to check out the latest collections by the likes of Dion Lee, Carla Zampatti, Bec & Bridge, Michael Lo Sordo and more.
Joining our local blogger talents (namely the likes of Nicole Warne from Gary Pepper Vintage and Jessica Stein from Tuula), will be Susie Bubble, Bryan Boy and Street Peeper’s Phil Oh. The trio are three of the usual suspects are often make the annual pilgrimage down under for fashion week. Their coverage of Australian Fashion Week is well sought after by our local brands looking to reach an international audience, coupled together with their insights and comments.
We also heard rumblings are Rumi Neely from Fashion Toast will also be hitting our shore for MBFWA on behalf of eyewear label Sunday Somewhere, but her name did not appear on the international media list.
From traditional print media, there are representatives from the likes of Vogue China, Vogue Italia, Harpers Bazaar Thailand, Lucky Magazine and i-D magazine.
For the full list of visiting international media to MBFWA 2014, see below.
- Susie Bubble
- I-D mag – Steve Salter
- Style.com – Katharine Zarrella
- Bryan Boy
- Angelica Cheung – Vogue China
- Lucky Magazine – Noelle Sciacca
- Refinery 29 – Marissa Rosenblum
- Who What Wear – Hillary Kerr
- Street Peeper – Phil Oh
- Eddie Newton – Mr.Newton
- Le-21eme – Adam Katz-Sinding
- Style from Tokyo – Rei Shito
- Harpers Bazaar Thailand – Editor in Chief – Duang Poshyanonda
- 10 Magazine – Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou
- 10 Magazine – Antony Miles
- Jacey Duprie from Damsel in Dior
- Paolo Pucci -Vogue Italia Photographer
- Simone Compagnoni – Vogue Italia Videographer
[Image via BryanBoy]
For the new and expanding fashion brands, media coverage is only one part of the benefits of showing during MBFWA, and this year see’s another great group of international buyers visiting. The list at the time of publishing is:
- Addison Crescent
- Dual & Co
- Harvey Nichols
- House of Fraser
- Nasty Gal
- Silver Tongue