The much anticipated arrival of a Topshop flagship store to Australia happens tonight with the launch party at their Jam Factory store location where the Moet will be poured and fashion insiders will be dancing to the coolest DJs. The public will get to experience the excitement as the doors fling open at 10am on Thursday 8th December and be introduced to something more than just a fashion boutique.
The Topshop boutique at the Jam Factory on Chapel Street in Melbourne’s trendy South Yarra will boast 1,600sqm of mens and women’s fashion with lines tailored to the Australian seasons.
“We are very excited about the imminent launch of TOPSHOP Melbourne in December, a city known for its diverse cultures and inspiring street style. I feel confident the TOPSHOP aesthetic will strike a cord with the effortlessly chic Australian market. We are working with our partner Hilton Seskin of Next Athleisure to create a dynamic space to house Topshop’s uniquely British shopping experience.”says Mary Homer, Managing Director for TOPSHOP.
What to expect from the Topshop Melbourne opening:
- A queue. So don’t dilly dally around if you want to be near the front. Get in early, but don’t rough house!
- TV cameras and photographers – everyone wants to capture that consumer rush into the store.
- The first 20 shoppers in line will each receive a $100 TOPSHOP gift card.
- Every hour on the hour we’ll be giving one lucky shopper a $100 gift card over opening weekend!
- Eager shoppers will also have an opportunity to capture their favourite style moments in a special in-store photo booth.
- Shoppers will also be treated to complimentary TOPSHOP make-overs.
- Throughout the city, TOPSHOP TOPMAN street teams will surprise Melbournians with a TOPSHOP TOPMAN ZINE and TOPSHOP tote bag filled with goodies look out for our branded vehicle.
The collections dropping at the first launch:
- Glam Rockette – Star spangled tribute to Ziggy Stardust. It’s all about sparkle and more sparkle. Magenta’s, ruby, emerald and cobalt colour tones are contrasted with molten metallic and heavy black to emulate the attitude-fuelled rock and roll demeanor.
- Deco Grunge – Inspired by 20’S and 30‘S, deco motifs, refined patterning, on luxe fabrics such as washed satins, devoures and velvet. These elements are mixed with a sporty, grungier twist and seen in sweats, lame running shorts, flapper style dresses in aged pastels and muted brights.
- Bavaria – Rich folkloric inspiration is drawn to create distinctly luxurious outerwear, knits, smock dresses and blouses that are indulgent. Handcrafted touches and texture, detailed embroidery is key.
- Midnight Angle – Soft and hard collide. Diaphanous silks and chiffons are mixed with leather and patent, while ethereal ruffles, delicate applique and cutwork are given a touch of tough with zips, chains and harnesses.
- Smoke & Mirrors – The coveted look of the 70’s glamour has been condensed into this 11 piece collection, which encapsulates the very essence of lustrous beauty.
- Trawler – Nautical feeling but the look is no ‘regatta crisp’. Slim jeans, Russian inspired chunky cable knits, peacoats and underwear inspired jersey. Very Soviet feel.
- Trans Siberia– Fusion of folkloric patterns and print with modern techniques, shapes and silhouettes. Luxurious, slightly exotic in rich jacquards, soft wools, corduroy, shearling and faux fur with beaten up denims and drop crotch trousers.
- AAA – This men’s collection is the epitome of cool and was created to make you look and feel like a rockstar. Sophisticated detailing and specialized fabrics make it a luxurious range with a rebellious edge and has a huge celebrity following.
- TOPMAN LTD – Sits alongside this main range with an added focus on fit, detail and fabrication. Created with a specific customer in mind that is more influenced by own individual sense of style. Understated in concept, timeless in quality and subtle in design. The bi-monthly limited edition collections are merchandised cohesively instore.
TOPSHOP TOPMAN has always pioneered a first class service, and consumers can look forward to such personal services touches as by-appointment personal shoppers, ready to help select the ideal look for any occasion. See in-store for further details and to make an appointment. For the launch we have flown over to UK representatives to launch the service.
Follow Topshop on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest updates: