- – - – - – - – - – - – - S P O N S O R E D P O S T – - – - – - – - – - – - -
Editor in Chief of US Vogue and the undeniable doyenne of the fashion industry Anna Wintour recently announced that ‘Geeks Can Be Chic’ in her acceptance speech The Webby Awards. Whether you’re a computer geek, a smarty pants geek or a book worm type geek, Westfield Hornsby want you to show off just how geeky you can take your fashion.
As technology increasingly becomes something we are reliant on, it’s hard not to embrace everything from a smart phone, iPad, netbooks, laptops, video cameras and DSLR’s. I’m guilty of owning all but two of those items because I have been a gadget and internet geek ever since I taught myself how to design and code websites more than a decade ago (though my skills these days barely scratch the surface of the internet). And secretly sometimes I would rather stay home playing with newly purchased toys than sipping champagne at a fashion or beauty event.
With the boon of geek-chic, it is no surprise that Apple – known for with their fashionable toys – is at the centre of it all. So with the opening of the new Apple store in Westfield Hornsby on September 24, 2011 at 10am, I have been asked to pop by and help promote Geek Chic in the newly refurbished shopping centre.
How to show off your Geek Chic outfit to win?
- Come to Westfield Hornsby on Saturday September 24, 2011 from 8:30am in your best “geek chic” outfit. The geekier the better!
- Stay tuned to our Twitter account @sassybella and Facebook Page /sassybellacom for more teasers closer to the day and use the hashtage #fashtechday for live updates on the day
- ‘Like’ the Westfield Insider’s Facebook Page and Westfield Hornsby’s Facebook Page for updates and to post pics of your best Geek Chic looks
- Westfield Stylist Josie McManus and I will be judging shoppers on their geek chic looks and we’ll have some great prizes, so rub the sleep out of your eyes on Saturday and come say hi and show off your look
It’s just that easy!
Need a bit of style inspiration? Three Aussie girls we think rock the Geek Chic look perfectly is the stunning Nicole Warne of Gary Pepper Vintage, Elise Phillips of Stuff That I Bought and Margaret Zhang from Shine by Three.
Disclosure: In accordance with the FTC Guidelines, I am disclosing that I am being compensated for contributing to Westfield Hornsby’s Geek Chic campaign, however, the content and thoughts shared about Westfield and technology are my own.