With Rosemount Australian Fashion Week (RAFW) less than 5 days away, we have a look at the news and gossip around the event. The number of designers showing on-site is 15, up from 10 last year and include Little Joe Women, Alex Perry, Shakuhachi, Yeojin Bae, Marnie Skillings and Arnsdorf, and as per usual we’ll be blogging on-site for the whole week!
- Gary Bigeni, known for his beautiful draped jersey pieces has teamed up with Spanx for his new Spring/Summer 2011 collection. [SMH]
- Quite a number of designers are showing off site as possibilities for how to show a collection are limitless. For example Zimmerman and Kate Sylvester who were on-site last year are off-site this year, as are Dion Lee and Lisa Ho.
- No shows for this year: Nicola Finetti, Zambesi, Carla Zampatti
- There have also been a number of designers who have shown collections early, notably Leona Edmiston and Sabatini. Both celebrating their brand’s 10 year anniversary.
- Returned: Toni Maticevski and Josh Goot, both after several years showing in New York.
The Models, Celebrities & Special Guests
- Celebrated UK fashion blogger Susanna Lau of Style Bubble will be at RAFW and is also guest blogging for Sportsgirl on their re-launched website.
- Other notable bloggers include: Tommy Ton of Jak and Jil, Phil Oh of Streetpeeper and Imran Amed of Business of Fashion.
- Sultry Australian model Jessica Gomes will be official ambassador for the Australian Fashion Week. Besides showing her gorgeous face at some fashion shows and events during the week, we’re not sure what else she has to do. [DailyTelegraph]
- Everyone’s favourite model, Bambi Northwood-Blyth is returning from working in Europe to walk the runways of Australian Fashion Week. [Vogue.co.uk]
- Is Kanye West coming? He is set to perform at Splendour in the Grass on 29 June, rumour has it that he will arrive early. [Telegraph]
- Katy Perry will also be in town during RAFW, we expect to see the ambassador of ghd show up at some ghd-sponsored shows in her downtime in Sydney.
- Yasmin Le Bon, supermodel and one of the most famous faces of the 80’s, will walk for Little Joe Women. Being a long time friend of Gail Elliot (co-founder of the brand and a model herself) the collection Exile in Spring will be shown 3 May at 12pm. [HarpersBazaar.com.au]
Stay tuned to SASSYBELLA.com for all Australian Fashion Week 2011 coverage and starting this week, running through to the close of official festivities on May 6, 2011.
List collaborated with the help of Katie Hill.