Kate Hudson is the poster girl for the Californian sexy-beach look, so it comes as no surprise that she was finally snagged by Almay as their newest global brand ambassador. She always looks stunning so you think she doesn’t need much make up. But if you want to recreate her beauty look at last week’s Almay concert to celebrate the Rainforest Fund’s 21st Birthday, it will take you 11 steps.
And I thought less was always more.
Check how makeup artist Leslie Lopez created the look below.
- Apply ALMAY smart shade makeup with your fingers and blend into the skin for an even tone
- Under the eye and on the lid use the multi-tasking ALMAY bright eyes, eye base and concealer to help brighten eyes and keep shadow in place
- Fill in the brows with ALMAY brow defining pencil
- Apply ALMAY intense i-color eye shadow in trio for browns using the medium shade for the crease, and the darkest shade across the lid
- Line the inside of the eye using ALMAY intense i-color eyeliner in brown topaz
- Add just a touch of glitter to the eyelid for a radiant finish
- For maximum impact, use ALMAY one coat dial-up mascara in its highest degree
- To create a sunkissed look, apply ALMAY touch-pad blush in peach to the apple of the cheeks
- For the lips, start with the ALMAY ideal lipliner in bronze which will make the lip appear fuller
- Add ALMAY hydracolor lipstick in nude
- Finish the lips with ALMAY pure blends lipgloss in natural just the center to add shine
Ed’s note: This is not a paid post. It’s fascinating how much work women really have to put in before going before the camera. Mind you I think this is one of shorter lists of ‘get the look’ steps around.