American-Chinese fashion designer Phillip Lim has teamed up with Nordstrom to design a limited edition t-shirt in support of the Organization of Chinese American for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in the US this May. We couldn’t find an image of the charity t-shirt but we do know it will be sold exclusively at 16 Nordstrom stores and online through Nordstrom.com/apahm from May 1st (the link isn’t live yet) for $85 with the proceeds benefiting the OCA.
“I was interested in this project because I was impressed by Nordstrom’s past success in raising funds to help Asian Pacific American children in need,” said Lim who has his own successful label, 3.1 Phillip Lim. “The T-shirt design is my signature in repetition like a graphic print. It’s simple, but acknowledging my full name was a part of growing up as an Asian American and accepting the two cultures that I am a part of. This is a cause that’s personal to me, and I hope that in my small way I am able to contribute to this great program.”
Stay tuned for images of what the collection will look like! See below for the list of Nordstrom stores where Phillip Lim’s OCA charity t-shirt will be available.
- Ala Moana Center – Honolulu
- Brea Mall – Brea, Calif.
- Downtown Portland – Portland, Ore.
- Downtown Seattle – Seattle
- South Coast Plaza – Costa Mesa, Calif.
- Fashion Square – Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Fashion Valley – San Diego
- Mall of America – Bloomington, Minn.
- Michigan Avenue – Chicago
- Pentagon City – Arlington, VA
- Roosevelt Field – Garden City, N.Y.
- San Francisco Centre – San Francisco
- The Grove at Farmer’s Market – Los Angeles
- Topanga Plaza – Canoga Park, Calif.
- Valley Fair – San Jose, Calif.
- Village of Merrick Park – Coral Gables, Fla.