The British Fashion Awards 2009 took place in London last night, being that it is the fashion event (besides London Fashion Week) on the fashion calendar, the fashion pack were out in force to watch designers, models and fashionable people crowd this year’s best and fairest.
Burberry’s Christopher Bailey has had a fantastic past few months with a promotion to Burberry’s Chief Creative Officer and topped it off with being named the British Fashion Council’s Designer of the Year with Burberry being named the Designer Brand of the year. 2009 has marked the return of Burberry Prosum to London Fashion Week with the brand announcing that they would stay in London for LFW in February 2010.
Vogue’s Grace Coddington was flown out especially for the event and took home the Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator. She thanked Vogue, Norman Parkinson, Beatrix Miller and of course Anna Wintour in her acceptance speach, adding that “I’m not really sure I deserve this award.”
Kate Moss was won the Grazia and BFC London 25 award which celebrated an individual who embodies the spirit of London and is an international ambassador for London as a leading creative fashion capital. Georgia May Jagger has shown of her modeling potential by snagging the Model of the Year award from Daisy Lowe and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
The British Fashion Awards 2009 also saw the likes of Eva Herzigova, Victoria Beckham, Dame Vivienne Westwood and Karen Elson (who reportedly fell through the stage) also in attendance to present awards on the night.
The Winners list:
- Swarovski Emerging Talent Award for Accessories – Holly Fulton (presented by ?)
- Swarovski Emerging Talent Award for Ready-to-Wear – Peter Pilotto (presented by ?)
- Designer Brand – Christopher Bailey for Burberry (presented by ?)
- Model of the year – Georgia May Jagger (presented by Jonathan Rhys Meyers)
- Accessory Designer – Katie Hillier (presented by Laura Bailey)
- Menswear Designer – Kim Jones (presented by Olga Kurylenko)
- BFC Outstanding Achievement in Fashion Design – John Galliano (presented by Browns of London’s Mrs B, accepted by Kate Moss)
- Grazia and BFC London 25 – Kate Moss (presented by Sir Philip Green)
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator – Grace Coddington (presented by Karen Elson)
- BFC British Collection of the Year – Christopher Kane (presented by Daisy Lowe)
- BFC Designer of the Year – Christopher Bailey for Burberry (presented by Victoria Beckham)