When you axe Paulina Porizkova as an America’s Next Top Model judge because of reported budget cuts who do you sign that will be even cheaper to replace her? Celebrities and established models of course!
Cycle 13 of ANTM will see the likes of Chanel Iman, Lauren Conrad, Kim Kardashian, Josie Maran, Jessica White, China Chow and Marisa Miller joining Tyra Banks, Nigel Barker and J. Alexander on the judging panel. This season will be the first dedicated to finding America’s Next Top Short Model, hence the inclusion of Jaime Rishar and Josie Maran to the panel – and while they may be short in runway modelling terms, if Tyra’s TwitPic is anything to go by, this cycle’s contestants still have some sexy pins on them.
One does wonder what will Conrad and Kardashian add to the judging panel, besides personal/product promotion. Both are best known for their appearances in reality television shows and spend more time in front of a papparazzi’s camera than the likes of Steven Meisel.
Will their inclusion jazz up the series or just provide some celebrity buzz to a show in its thirteenth season?
See the full list of guest judges below (air dates in brackets).
- Chanel Iman (September 9th)
- Lauren Conrad (September 16th)
- Jaime Rishar (September 23rd)
- China Chow (September 30th)
- Josie Maran (October 7th)
- Jessica White (October 14th)
- Kim Kardashian (October 21st)
- Kirsty Hume (October 28th)
- Marisa Miller (November 4th)
- Ann Shoket, EIC of Seventeen (November 11th)