– To our American voters: If you want your style (along with your politics) to count on Election Day, head over to fashionthevote.com and show Zac Posen what you wore to the polls! Remember, tomorrow is our chance to “make the future look good”!
– Ever wondered where to buy Rodarte online? So far, we’ve been thrilled to discover that the fabulous L’Inde Le Palais of Bologna, Italy, sells select pieces from the label on their e-commerce site. Additionally, ultra-hip LA-based luxury purveyor Presse is selling Rodarte archival pieces on their online boutique! Our favorite item – a pair of hardcore “pyramid” studded white gloves — is sold out, but many magnificent (and rare) pieces remain.
– Fans of Rodarte’s Mulleavy sisters should also check out Blackbook Magazine‘s smashing new feature, which chronicles the punk rock Chanel twins intersecting universes with dishabille musical icon-turned-fashion designer Kim Gordon. We love it when our icons also inspire each other! And keep your eyes peeled for more developments with Kim’s line Mirror/Dash. P.S. Kim Gordon watches Gossip Girl!
– As rumored, Marco Zanini is confirmed to helm the rebirth Fall 2009 collection of Rochas. We think it is great that Zanini is no longer unemployed — after all, his sacking from Halston was rather untimely and tragic — but can he match the brilliance of Theyskens era Rochas? We doubt it. Especially after reading that the new Rochas will be about “real clothes that are useful and beautiful….we don’t want to be a status brand.”
– Model Daul Kim is looking for an apartment. If you are looking to live in downtown New fYork or at least a year, are a non-smoker, non-drinker, and happen to resemble a “John Galliano gangster”, you may just have found your roomie match.
– Yves St. Laurent fans in California, take note: a YSL retrospective exhibit, featuring over 130 famed outfits, sketches, and multimedia memorabilia has arrived at San Francisco’s de Young museum. Plan your visit now.