Literally and figuratively, Canadian supermodel Jessica Stam has earned her wings and is happily flying high on her success. In this fickle industry, she remains one of this decade’s few high fashion models who borders on household name status and can claim to consistently excel in the competitive editorial, runway, and campaign realms. For Stam, the sky is the limit on what she can achieve – and, believe it or not, that is where she is headed!
Here are just a few of Stam’s latest achievements:
- While many of our favorite millenial models – “new veteran” Sasha Pivovarova comes to mind – struggled to book their usual impressive haul of shows on the Milan and Paris runways, Stam walked in 37 top shows, including Armani, Dior, Prada, Miu Miu, and of course, her American sportswear stand-bys DKNY and Miss Sixty.
- Speaking of wings again, Stam continues to radiate her kittenish charm as a Victoria’s Secret Angel. She stars in their latest catalogue, and will turn heads in their annual spectacular on December 3rd. How many fashion models enjoy both couture and commercial status? Not many.
- On the campaign front, Stam is again the cover girl of Dior Beauty while starring alongside Lily Donaldson and Caroline Trentini for Dolce & Gabbana’s moody Fall ads. She has also landed an covetable spot in Giorgio Armani’s Fall 2008 ad parade, along with Sean Opry and Du Juan. See Stam once again serve as the star of the latest Mert Alas & Marcus eerie, hyperrealist fantasy.
- To see just how good it is to be Stam, you can get an exclusive glimpse into her not-so-humble dwellings, as her stately Manhattan apartment appears in this month’s Elle Decor. A bit more rococo and, well, saccharine than we could have expected from the devil-may-care Stammer, but we are still highly jealous.
- When we said Stam “literally” is flying high, we weren’t kidding! The supermodel is planning on getting her pilot’s license.“Being above everything gives you a natural high,” she told WWD.
We know Stam is on top of her game, but who are her rivals?
Stay tuned for our next addition of the Movers & Shakers of The Modeling Universe, as we tally up who else dominated the four fashion capital’s runways. Within days, we shall bring you the final verdict on who flourished and who floundered on the Spring 2009 catwalks!