FOLLOW US: SASSYBELLA on Facebook SASSYBELLA on Twitter SASSYBELLA on Instagram SASSYBELLA on Google Plus SASSYBELLA on YouTube SASSYBELLA on Pinterest

Nicole Kidman’s July 2008 Vogue cover

Helen Lee June 18, 2008 8

As predicted by many sources, it is official that Nicole Kidman has landed the cover of US Vogue’s July 2008 issue which was potographed earlier this year on the set of Baz Lurhrmann’s latest movie, Australia, by Annie Leibovitz.

While Vogue’s Photoshop experts would have been hard at work to create images that look positively idyllic, the portraits take my breath away. Well two of them anyway.

Check out the behind the scene video at Style.com’s Vogue section and get your eye candy (Hugh Jackman joins Kidman in some of the shots) in the 16 page spread in the magazine.

8 Comments »

1. Chen June 18, 2008 at 11:58 pm -

Sorry to say this but Nicole looks out of place in all those shots. As photos, they would look much better without her in them or without any of the background.

2. kitty June 19, 2008 at 9:04 am -

I think Nicole really needs her brigade of makeup artists, hairdressers + stylists.
    She looks nothing like this in real life.

To me she looks mostly awkward in the shots.

3. Kate June 19, 2008 at 2:25 pm -

Helen, I agree with you. I love the dramatism of the shots. The scenes look magnificent. Leibovitz has done a stunning job. And Nicole’s regal look contrasts so well with the rural landscape, but at the same time gels so well with it when you consider the women of that era. Love them.

And while I agree that Nicole looks very different in real life, I think she is stunning in real life without the stylist and the makeup. In fact she looks better in jeans with her honey curly locks tied back.

4. Anon June 20, 2008 at 6:54 am -

I think you will find that she looks even better in real life. She is actually someone who needs less makeup and stylists to be beautiful and needs even less photoshop/airbrushing work because in person, there is nothing to photoshop about her especially after seeing the video of the shoot on Vogue’s website.

I don’t know what photos you are looking at but there is no awkwardness in those pics, the video I mentioned above showed how at ease she was. And considering that she has been doing photoshoots for over 20 years, I daresay that she can nail any pose in her sleep.

A very beautiful layout featuring a very beautiful woman. Looking forward to the movie.

5. Anon June 20, 2008 at 7:28 am -

She is not going anywhere, she is not going to be ugly, she is going to be sitting at the top for a very long time. I would say you should just suck it up because she will be on more covers this year and will be everywhere when Australia opens.

6. Rose June 22, 2008 at 3:15 am -

I seriously think some people are really jealous and just cant accept when someone else looks good at an older age. All the people that talk crap about her looks or anything else for that matter, get over it! She’s successful, beautiful, and probably happy, and if I were her, I wouldn’t wanna read half the ignorant things people say.
    Go Nicole!

7. Juta July 7, 2008 at 11:17 pm -

Where is the baby bump!

8. Kate July 8, 2008 at 9:54 am -

And now she has had the baby! Gosh I hope I look as fabulous as she did if I ever get pregnant. Amazing!

Site Meter