Many had predicted Gisele Bundchen would lose her standing at the top of the Forbes top-earning model list this year since the Brazilian parted ways with Victoria’s Secret, but instead she streaked even further away from her next closest rival, Heidi Klum.
The Project Runway host naturally came in at number two due to her jewellery collection and Victoria’s Secret contact, but her years earnings of $14 million was dwarfed by Giseleâ€™s $35 million, while Kate Moss came in at number three with $7.5 million.
Bundchen’s earnings were reportedly made up from her Ipanema sandals contract, as well as those with Versace, Pantene, Dolce & Gabbana, and a cosmetics giant which cannot be named until July.
New comers to the list was Valentina Zelyaeva and Victoria’s Secret Angels, Miranda Kerr, Isabeli Fontana, and Selita Ebanks, while Alessandra Ambrosio, Shalom Harlow and Jessica Stam fell off the list even though they managed to score some big advertising campaigns for spring summer 2008.
Check out the full list below with their 2007 rankings in brackets
- Gisele Bundchen, $35 million (1 – $33 million)
- Heidi Klum, $14 million (3 – $8m)
- Kate Moss, $7.5 million (2 – $9m)
- Adriana Lima, $7 million (4 – $6m)
- Doutzen Kroes, $6 million (14 – $1.5m)
- Karolina Kurkova, $5 million (8 – $3.5)
- Natalia Vodianova, $4.8 million (7 – $4.5m)
- Carolyn Murphy, $4.5 million (6 – $5m)
- Daria Werbowy, $3.8 million (9 -$3.5m)
- Miranda Kerr, $3.5 million (new)
- Isabeli Fontana (new) and Gemma Ward, $3 million (10 – $3m)
- Selita Ebanks, $2.7 million
- Valentina Zelyaeva, $2.3 million
- Hilary Rhoda, $2 million (12 – $2m)
- Liya Kebede, $1.5 million (11 – $2.5m)
Read more about the list over at Forbes.com