Now my Australian visitors may know that I have been accused of being a bitchy gossip blogger about the magazine industry (or hacking the blog in question).
But I want to clear up a few facts:
- While The Daily Telegraph said I was an ACP Intern, I wasn’t. I did work experience for a week back in 2003 or 2004. I don’t think I garnered enough gossip or contacts to write a whole blog (or a job).
- I did work in magazines, but for a women’s magazine which focused on warm stories and had a celebrity free policy. I left in December last year and haven’t worked in magazines since.
- My current full time job is not in magazines.
- None of my friends were on Merrick & Rosso this morning.
- I wouldn’t know how to hack a website. Ok so I blog, but do I know understand the fine art of hacking? No.
- And if you all don’t believe me, while the gossip blog in question was being “un-hacked“, I was out having fun with friends with no access to the computer. I’m sure any of the four people I was having dinner with will happily say I was sitting in a Thai restaurant for most of the night.
Please journalists, before you point the finger ask me or do some googling.
You would have to be a magazine insider to pen that blog, and unfortunately, I’m not.