FOLLOW US: SASSYBELLA on Facebook SASSYBELLA on Twitter SASSYBELLA on Instagram SASSYBELLA on Google Plus SASSYBELLA on YouTube SASSYBELLA on Pinterest

Sasha Pivovarova smiles on the cover of Vogue Russia

Helen Lee March 25, 2008 6

People often wonder why models never smile on the catwalk, as they’re often photographed scowling at the cameras.

Well here is why.

Pictured here is model-of-the-last-few-seasons, Sasha Pivovarova, on the April 2008 cover of Vogue Russia. There is just something about how her pale Slavic skin contrasts sharply with her dark eye makeup and bold red lips, oh and that gapingly large smile.

While we love to see her happy, perhaps seeing her eyes may have been nice.

Are you loving her smile or are you afraid?

[Image from TFS]

6 Comments »

1. Chen March 26, 2008 at 2:15 pm -

She looks like someone having a really good laugh and she makes me believe it with her almost shut eyes and wonderful pose with her body. She sells it to me. Her teeth are a little big and her lips blood red though. Vampire anyone?

2. a dreamer March 27, 2008 at 1:15 pm -

ahha yes, she looks a bit like a vampire but i still love her as a model. its nice to see a model smile because its so different from their normal look. its like they become a regular human being when they smile.

i wouldnt put this image on a cover though…*urk*

3. Sophia March 27, 2008 at 10:12 pm -

this so doesnt look like sasha lol. i guess it’s good to see a model smile for a change… the cover is nothing spectacular but as i said it’s nice to see a supermodel show a bit teeth for a change :)

4. Kelly March 28, 2008 at 3:08 am -

she looks like a clown to me! I think models in general can smile, though – just not really pale models with really red lips and really huge smiles.

5. JessicaR March 28, 2008 at 5:27 pm -

I think it is half interesting and kind of cool.I love the contrast between pale skin and red lips…this cover kind of burlesque meets rock?

6. Dusk April 11, 2008 at 3:22 pm -

Marilyn Manson on a good day.
    I’ve seen her smile before and she has a lovely smile but this…this is what happens when you don’t eat for a few years.
    Your body becomes bigger than your mouth.

Site Meter