Lisa Armstrong, fashion editor at the Times of London, was asked to create her idea of the ideal carry-on bag for CLIC Sargent, a charity that helps the children with cancer and leukaemia.
The idea first came about in December 2006 when Armstrong first presented the idea of creating the “ultimate travel item”, something that would “lift the travel experience to a higher, more sophisticated, more luxurious level”.
The ultimate travel bag was modeled on the silhouette of the Louis Vuitton Eole bag, but features the iconic monogram canvas. It features two separate compartments, the bag features trimmings in the finest purple calfskin leather, a regal color and one of Armstrong’s favourites.
- A passport cover in MONOGRAM canvas to protect your travel documents
- Set of wheels and pulling mechanism for ease of travel
- Oversized cashmere eyeshades and blanket for in-flight comfort
- Computer case for working on-the-go
- A transparent detachable toiletries kit for swift X-ray security navigation at airports when carrying liquids
- A foldable jewelry kit to store your precious cargo
- An evening clutch in MONOGRAM Vernis leather for instant glamour on-the-run
- A laundry pouch, for practicality
The Louis Vuitton Ultimate Travel Bag will be exhibited between December 10 & 18 at the Louis Vuitton boutique on Sloane street in London, with the start price set at Â£10,000 itâ€™s probably best to look but donâ€™t touch. If you do have some money spare, find out how to bid at the ClicSargent.org.uk.
Read more about Armstrong’s Louis Vuitton experience at Times.co.uk.