Best known for wooing Australian celebrities into his red carpet worthy gowns, Alex Perry is branching out. At a launch/fashion show earlier this week, Alex announced he is Electrolux’s fabric care ambassador, sharing his fabric caring secrets and testing out new appliances on his gowns.
His first recommendation is the newly released Electrolux Iron Aid Dryer, which refreshes clothes with steam between dry cleaning visits.
“Becoming the Fabric Care ambassador for Electrolux was a natural step for me, as anything that reduces the amount of wear and tear on your delicate garments is a huge plus in my books,” said Alex Perry.
“Delicate gowns with boning, sequin detailing, lace, feathers, chiffons, fine silks or tailored suit jackets and shirts can all be refreshed using the [Iron Aid Dryer’s] ‘Refresh’ cycle. And something you would normally think twice about putting near an ordinary dryer can be dried in the Iron Aid dryer – like silk shirts, can be safely dried using the Iron Aid Silk Cycle” continued Alex.
Alex Perry’s top tips on caring for your favourite fashion items:
- Delicate fabrics such as silk chiffons benefit from less frequent cleaning and will stay looking good longer, when ‘refreshed’ in the Iron Aid between cleaning
- Use the ‘Refresh’ cycle to plump up your cashmeres and woollens
- Avoid constant cleaning of suit jackets or evening gowns after each wear by using the Iron Aid to â€™refreshâ€™ between wears â€“ you will preserve the integrity of the fabric for longer
- Ensure that you place your clothing onto hangers as soon as they have finished in the dryer, this will ensure they stay wrinkle free
Find out more about the Electrolux Iron Aid Dryer online now.
– Covering Australian fashion because we’re an Australian fashion blog