The CFDA Awards celebrated their 25th birthday last night in New York, but the stars on the red carpet almost stole the show away from the new Council of Fashion Designers of America president, Diane von Furstenberg.
Von Furstenberg was wearing one of her own creations, a young floor length blue, white and pink gown with embellishments at the bodice. Floor length gowns was the dress code for the night with Irina Lazareanu looked absolutely stunning with a flowing white strapless dress by 3.1 Phillip Lim and plenty of bling. The outfit was completed with the black wrap and her bold fringe.
Debra Messing looked fabulous in a purple Michael Kors gown, while award presenters Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen wore dresses from their up coming clothing collections. Ashley’s black double breasted gown was from their The Row label, while Mary-Kate wore plunging white dress from their Elizabeth and James collection (named after the other two Olsen siblings). “We made it in 24 hours,” said Mary-Kate. (Did they seriously get in front of a sewing machine to make it?)
So who won an award, who wore what? See below for more photos and the full list of winners.
Pictured above: Chloe Sevigny in a black eyelet mini dress, Uma Thurman in a floorlength blue halterneck, Kate Bosworth in Proenza Schouler (?), Heidi Klum in a brown sparkly Michael Kors dress.
Award winners on the night were…
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Oscar de la Renta tied with Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler
- Menswear Designer of Year: Ralph Lauren
- Accessory Designer of the Year: Derek Lam
- Eleanor Lambert Award: Patrick Demarchelier
- Eugenia Sheppard Award: Robin Givhan, the fashion editor of The Washington Post
- American Legend Award: Ralph Lauren
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Robert Lee Morris
- International Award: Pierre Cardin
- The Swarovski Award for emerging talent: Phillip Lim (Womenswear), David Neville and Marcus Wainwright for Rag and Bone (Menswear), Jessie Randall for Loeffler Randall (Accessories).
Who wore watch? The list so far:
Liya Kebede wore Michael Kors
Ellen Barkin wore L’Wren Scott
Irina Lazareanu wore 3.1 Phillip Lim
Rachel Zoe wore vintage Halston
Kate Bosworth wore Proenza Schouler
Mary-Kate Olsen wore Elizabeth and James (by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen)
Ashley Olsen wore The Row (by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen)
Heidi Klum wore Michael Kors
Debra Messing wore Michael Kors
Oprah Winfrey wore Ralph Lauren
Iman wore Donna Karan
Eva Mendes wore Calvin Klein
Diane von Furstenberg wore Diane von Furstenberg
Uma Thurman wore Zac Posen
Karen Elson wore Zac Posen
Chloe Sevigny wore Holly Dunlap