If youâ€™re a up and coming designer and Glamour magazine approach you to design a tshirt for charity you would be over the moon. It would be a bonus if you were asked to nominate your closest charity so 30% of the proceeds can be donated to them.
Well ShopBop have teamed up with Glamour and Splendid to support twelve great causes â€“ six designers and their chartities.
The six talented designers and their charities:
- Jenni Kayne for Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center: Coral-colored sketch of a woman in a field of poppies wearing Jenniâ€™s Grecian one-shouldered gown.
- Rachel Roy for Childrenâ€™s Hope India: A unique take on Rachelâ€™s signature in distressed metallic gold.
- Rodarte for National Multiple Sclerosis Society: Black and white light bulbs covering the shirt with one illuminated yellow bulb.
- Sari Gueron for Free Arts NYC: Original watercolor paining of an owl spreading its wing across the front of the shirt.
- Thread Social for Women In Need, Inc.: Graffiti print inspired by the spring 2007 collection.
- Vena Cava for American Refugee Committeeâ€™s Darfur Relief Effort: Pen and ink Art Deco & Native American inspired graphic drawing.
The images they created, along with the designerâ€™s signature, were then printed onto a white cotton Splendid t-shirt. There is only 250 shirts per design and is on sale now at Shopbop.com â€“ remember 30% of the proceeds will go to the various charities each designer supports.