According to the WWD.com, cosmetic giant L’Oreal has bought the Body Shop for about US$1.14 billion. Not bad for a company founded exactly 30 years ago (with it’s first store opening in March 25 1976) by Anita Roddick.
Poor Anita had to defend herself after it was alleged that she had abandoned her principles. But the Dame (yes, she is a Dame) concluded on her website that one journalist at The Independant had gotten the story right.
In other news…
- the Adidas by Stella McCartney collection was so successfull that Addias is extending its contract with the designer to 2010. The new clothes for their Spring/Summer 06 collection is due to be unveiled soon.
- Kerry Washington is L’Oreal newest face, shooting a mascara ad for the cosmetic company over the weekend!
- Is Phoebe Philio bound for Chanel?
- Samsung joining the fashion game for real after designing fashion phones with Anna Sui last year. They’re planning to launch a fashion line in 2008 in the US – interesting….
- Can’t afford a Manolo Blahnik shoe? Buy a Manolo Blahnik Candle!
- And how do you get a handbag named after you?